Dealership Advantage is currently seeking a National Sales Director for software and F&I services with experience selling SaaS and professional services. The primary focus of the National Sales Director will be to jump-start our software sales nationally leading a team of software BDRs and SaaS account executives while growing an already successful F&I services account team. The National Sales Director will significantly drive sales growth through strategic selling, forecasting, prospecting, account resource allocation, account strategy & planning. This is a client-facing and leadership role requiring deep industry expertise and proven ability, with an exceptionally strong track record driving top line growth.
- Oversee the onboarding and ongoing training for existing sales associates, account managers, and F&I managers (new and experienced) in key areas of the business. Hires and trains regional and local sales managers and staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of regional and local team members.
- Drives accountability across team’s prospecting and sales activities including sales quotas and growth targets
- Coaches and guides sales staff to cross-sell and support the goals of the company
- F&I (finance and insurance) – understand federal, state and local regulations and ensures F&I managers and account managers follow process and attain ongoing certifications required to process financing for dealership end customers
- F&I – work with F&I team to secure bank relationships to provide additional lending resources to dealership customers
- Works with executive leadership to develop a sales strategy to grow all market segments of the business including marine dealerships, power sports dealerships and other vertical markets the software and F&I services support.
- Effectively drives strategy through sales team and supporting OEM level sales pursuits
- Provides leadership to the sales team to drive annual, quarterly and monthly sales activity and revenue targets.
- Motivates and encourages the sales team to ensure quotas are met.
- Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
- Ensures the regular use of tools (CRM, others) and adherence to process in collaboration with marketing and product teams
- Identifies and analyzes customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts while working with product to drive profitable sales.
- Assigns territories and sets quotas for sales teams as needed.
- Consults with potential customers to understand their needs; identifies and suggests equipment, products, or services that will meet those needs.
- Resolves customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop sales quotas and strategies that drive top line growth and strong profitability over time.
- Develops quarterly business reviews with key customers in collaboration with the customer success team.
- Understands dealership growth and profit drivers to ensure a value-based sale is used across the sales team.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and product team to manage commercial strategy.
- Looks for opportunities outside current markets to drive growth while understanding the strengths and constraints of the product and road map.
- Prepares sales budget; monitors and approves expenses.
- Ensures F&I team has an annual growth plan in addition to processing financing for dealership customers.
- Ensures F&I team has proactive plan to stay compliant and aware of state, local and national regulations.
- Acts as company representative at trade association meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experienced using a CRM tool such as HubSpot or SalesForce
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field, OR
- Comparable record of sales leadership experience required.
- At least ten years of sales experience required.
- At least five years of sales leadership experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
TEAM MEMBER PERKS:
- Competitive salary
- 80 hours prorated PTO after 90 days (based upon a calendar year)
- Insurance benefits begin on start date
- 401k with employer match
- Casual work environment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Open door policy – come on in and share your ideas!
- Great TEAM environment!