MVAA Bronze Certified Employer - WE encourage Veterans to apply and WE thank you for your Service!
Gen3 Defense and Aerospace is an engineering, manufacturing and supply chain solution provider. With a facility in the Grand Rapids area, our primary focus is on a newly developed robotic vehicle program. Gen3 Defense and Aerospace is part of a larger portfolio of businesses with a strong support network and proven track record of success in several markets. We are looking for people that are passionate, innovative and driven to consistently do whatever it takes to make our customers succeed.
As a Buyer, with a minimum of 3 years-experience, you will be responsible for the acquisition of indirect material inclusive of capital, engineering support, hardware and other commodities as required. You will manage external suppliers to ensure support to cross-functional customers, while ensuring company goals and objectives are met. This is a cradle to grave buyer position.
Gen3 is a rapidly growing company that values our employees and offers a fun and challenging work-space.
TEAM MEMBER PERKS:
- Competitive salary
- 80 hours prorated PTO after 90 days (prorated based upon calendar year)
- Insurance benefits begin on start date
- 401k with employer match
- Casual work environment – Jeans everyday
- Brand new facility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Safety toe footwear allowance of $125 annually
- Open door policy – come on in and share your ideas!
- Great TEAM environment!
- Closed with holiday pay the week of July 4th and the week between Christmas and New Year
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Oversees and maintains inventory.
- Ensures proper approval levels are met for all purchases.
- Researches, analyzes, and forecasts current and future buying trends, markets, styles, and products with attention to specified target market and demographics.
- Develops and maintains relationships with wholesalers and suppliers.
- Negotiates contracts with wholesalers and suppliers.
- Holds suppliers accountable to delivery, cost and quality expectations.
- Assures and monitors supplier performance.
- Assesses financial risks of purchases.
- Attends trade shows, product exhibitions, and conferences to maintain understanding of new products and trends.
- May act in place of the director of purchasing as required and authorized.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- BS degree in Supply Chain.
- 3 years’ experience in indirect or direct procurement.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands listed below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Work Environment: Generally conservative noise level – occasional stressful activities and associated noise.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, regularly required to stand and walk. Employee regularly uses hands and fingers to touch, feel, handle. Employee regularly stoops, kneels, bend at the waist, and reaches. Employee is frequently required to speak and hear. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds on occasion.