Gen3 Defense and Aerospace is an engineering, manufacturing and supply chain solution provider. With a facility in the Grand Rapids area, our primary focus is on a newly developed robotic vehicle program. Gen3 Defense and Aerospace is part of a larger portfolio of businesses with a strong support network and proven track record of success in several markets. We are looking for people that are passionate, innovative and driven to consistently do whatever it takes to make our customers succeed.
TEAM MEMBER PERKS:
- Competitive salary
- 80 hours PTO after 90 days
- Insurance benefits begin on start date
- 401k with employer match
- Casual work environment – Jeans everyday
- Brand new facility - temperature controlled
- Tuition reimbursement
- Safety toe footwear allowance of $120 annually
- Open door policy – come on in and share your ideas!
- Great TEAM environment
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Develops methods of inspection to survey and validate product meets customer criteria.
- Works with Quality Manager to improve product quality by making suggestions.
- Works with team to assist company’s efforts in ISO and AS9100 certification and compliance.
- Determines quality metrics for manufacturing procedures.
- Inspects products and materials to ensure they meet all criteria and industry standards.
- Monitor product life cycle and perform tests to identify potential issues as early in the cycle as possible.
- Work to identify root of issues and recommend corrections.
- Prepare reports on quality issues and identify systemic corrective actions.
- Work with the internal team to increase customer satisfaction by making improvement to internal processes.
- Any other task as requested by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Humility: Ability to honestly and openly communicate any mistakes or mishaps made and have the ability to learn from them.
- Organization: Ability to simplify processes, organize tasks, data, and files to help improve the overall efficiency of the department.
- Communication: Able to interact professionally with colleagues, clients, and company personnel, able to clearly and effectively communicate information both orally and in writing.
- Training: Able to clearly document company procedures and policies and train staff and employees on these company procedures and policies.
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Previous job experience as a Quality Engineer or a similar role
- Minimum 4 years’ experience preferred
- Great attention to detail and high level of problem solving skills
- Statistical analysis familiarity
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience required
- Additional certification in Quality Assurance a plus (e.g. Certified Quality Engineer)
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands listed below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Normal office conditions are expected.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, regularly required to stand and walk. Employee regularly uses hands and fingers to touch, feel, handle. Employee regularly stoops, kneels, bend at the waist, and reaches. Employee is frequently required to speak and hear. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds on occasion.
*** To complete this application, we would like you to spend 5 minutes telling us more about yourself using the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment. Once you complete this required step, we will gladly review your complete application.
Go to assessment: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/QwLxK